Friday, August 22, 2008

Nanny Goats Profile Page

I'm a writer.

And middle-aged, according to the thirty-somethings, but not according to the fifty-somethings. Also? Female (this ain't Billy Goats in Boxers). And a 4th generation native Californian, for what little that's worth.

I've maxed out my Netflix queue. I can't keep up with my TBR pile of books. My favorite authors include Christopher Moore, Daniel Handler, David Sedaris, Augusten Burroughs, and Steve Martin. I hate wasting time in a car driving, but get car sick if I'm not the one behind the wheel. I am married to Mr. MudPuppy, and wife swappers need not apply. I am not a mommyblogger (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I eat, travel, exercise and sleep with my nano iPod. But not for the music. I listen to NPR. But not for the music. I hate straight-ahead jazz. I love Jason Mraz. I'm a poet (not really, it was just for that brief jazz/Mraz bit earlier).

I'm a non-conformist. Just like everybody else.

I blog from Sacramento, California. When I started this blog in January 2005, I wrote for two or three readers at the most and wrote the occasional rants with a bunch of "hey check out this video" and other forms of middlemanning people's content. At some point this blog began showing more of my writing (and therefore more of me) and became what it is today. I discovered a community of other bloggers, which has partly contributed to this blog's evolution. I am trying to tone done the potty mouth to see if it's true that you can lay off the swearing and still be funny.

This blog is meant to amuse you. If the name didn't make that obvious, you need to leave right now. If I offend you, it's most likely because you are new to Nanny Goats in Panties and may be missing the point or the humor in a particular blog post. If you can diplomatically express your concerns in the comments section, then please knock yourself out. I welcome disagreement, but not irrational, immature, purposeless and mispelled rudeness. If you can't carry on a civil conversation when you object to my material, then you are simply a troll with nothing better to do and you can just get the hell out. I don't want your kind here. On MY blog. And what are you doing with a computer, anyway?

Some of the stuff I write is absolutely true, some if it utter crap, for the sake of humor. Most of the modern-looking photos in the posts are mine, but the story around it might be completely made up, like the one about the Mac and Cheese. I think the more you read my stuff, you'll be able to figure out which stuff is true and which stuff is clearly absurd. If you can't tell what is clearly absurd, I try to help you by labeling it as fiction at the bottom in the tag section.

Yes, I'm working on the Great American Novel. Who isn't? But meanwhile, I will fritter away here and maybe get the occasional written piece published. You can see what I've published so far under the "Published Stuff" button at the top.

Since this is an almost, practically, virtually commercial-free site, I only ask that you support me by clicking on the Sacto Top 25 logo (or on this link) each time you visit to help keep me near the top of the list.

If you wish to email me, I'd love to hear from you, unless you found this site by using any one of the following sets of search terms:

all you can eat panties
poo in panties
children in panties


In other words, if you're not a total perv, feel free to send a note to margaret(at)nannygoatsinpanties(dot)com.


GO BACK to Nanny Goats In Panties Home Page